Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

Been having problems with my phone system KX-TGC220E put it

Customer Question

been having problems with my phone system KX-TGC220E
put it on divert BT *21* etc #21# ***** and calls dropped before they can be answered ,i.e.
within half a second.
tried clearing both phones, unplugging etc, and more by accident i clear it for the problem to come back.
what am i doing wrong.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Just to understand, this happens when you put it on Divert? And if so, to which phone is it going to?

Or it happens on the handset itself?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Phone on divert to mobile. ( there a signal for the mobile).
Usually divert base unit. Using 2 phones.
Only way I can clear it is randomly, by doing call divert cancel on both phones and unplugging the phone line.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, but if you remove the divert, the calls work fine on the actual phone correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Currently cleared at the moment. But next time I divert it will be a performance to rectify.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can dial out but cannot receive. It is dropped very quickly when someone calls. Trouble is I am cancelling divert on both phones and it still happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Ok, if itt also happens when the divert is not in place, then please remove the power to the base units

Then the batteries from the handsets

Wait 5 minutes, then connect the power to the main base unit, then the additional one, then put the batteries in the phone and tell me if it now works please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Doesn't work. Tried another handset as well. I'll try BT in the morning.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

check your line here first

CLICK ME TO OPEN

It is better then calling. But it does point to a line fault

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.