Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

I have a kx-tgc223 phone.the hand set screen display shows

i have a kx-tgc223 phone.the hand set screen display shows that i have no messages on the answering service but when i ring our number the message says that the message box is full and cannot take anymore messages
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you using the phones answering system or the answering system from your phone provider?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am using the phones answering system
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, it may be that your providers voicemail system is cutting in insteads, who is your provider?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
BT
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Dial 1571 from your phone, and listen to the Service message, then go through the menu and disable the voicemail service from BT.

Tell me if you can then receive calls please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks very much for your help. I am at work at the moment, but will carry out your instructions tonight and let you know.One problem with your site is that when I click 'send' there is no indication that my reply has been sent [hence the duplicated replies you may have received from me]
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there

How did you go with the instructions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have asked bt to remove 1570 facility from my phone. This has not happened yet [just made the call one hour ago]
Strange thing is that I tried online last night only to receive the message that my line [01330811495] A/C with BT has been closed. I rang BT last night to be told that the number had migrated to UKBS. My own number is ***** together with my Co. number and I was told that the Co. number has also migrated to UKBS. This morning our Admin manager went on line and also telephoned BT - our A/C has not migrated - we are still with BT. I am 74 years of age and was brought up on logarithms and slide rules so you can imagine this sort of occurrence adds to my confusion. I will report back to you when 1570 has been removed. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Richard,
I am pleased to tell you that I am now rx. voice mails on the panasonic generated site.
Thaank you for your patience.neil Gow