Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have just purchased from a "Digital Corded/Cordless

Customer Question

I have just purchased from ***** ***** a "Digital Corded/Cordless Answering System" MODEL NUMBER KX-TGF320E.Since 2013 I have had a "Digital Cordless Answering System" MODEL NUMBER KX-TG6461E and have replaced it with the above model.I have two queries. When a caller leaves a message after hearing the pre-recorded message it is not being "picked up" by the base unit and I get the message "NO MESSAGE".
I have obviously made an error in setting up the system. Can you help?My second query concerns the callers number being repeated 3 times when the phone rings. is there any way of deleting this feature.Many thanks. Hugh (Customer)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Hugh,

Sorry for the delay in responding, firstly it appears you have the answer machine set to 'Greeting only' which is why the messages are not being stored.

This is explained on the right hand side of page 47 of the manual, however for ease on the handset press MENU followed by #305, then press the down (or up) button until you see a time eg '3 minutes', press OK, then press the off button to come out of the menu.

Please now go back and place a test call and see if the message is stored.

Once we have got that sorted I can look into your caller ID query.