Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

One of six extensions is not working I have purchased new

One of six extensions is not working I have purchased new batteries but that has not worked? is it possible that the base of a phone can go wrong
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the phone with the issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard,
the phone is a Gigaset SL910. I think I should have said cradle instead of base
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

thanks David

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard I have done as suggested with no results, this is on the extention that is not working, reading your response again you state base unit as apposed to extention, does this mean I should do it on the base unit itsself?
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Yes David, exactly as per my instructions

remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done as requested and the base unit has come back on as before, but it has not affected the extention thats not working, the battery will not be charged?
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks David

On the handsetl, press and hold the end call button for 20 seconds then release.

Then tell me if it works please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard I have tried without sucess, as I said previously the battery will not be charged
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is the internal mainboard in the phone that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Richard, the warrenty has run out many years ago. Gigaset is a Germany company I have no idea where it can be returned, or can it be returned to a firnm in the UK? any suggestions?
You have answered my problem and for that I highly recommend you without any reservations
david