JamesI
JamesI, Customer Service
Experience:  With 10 years experience managing analouge and digital PBX, he is currently deploying a cloud VOIP system
75967336

Please could you advise me as to which answerphone I would

Please could you advise me as to which answerphone I would need to purchase for an old 3 line 24 extention Easaphone 1232 system to be able to inform callers when we would be open & closed for bisiness that can just be plugged into any of its extentions
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like you have the Panasonic KX-TA1232 based on the Easaphone range.

You need what is known as a VPS (Voice Processing System) card, the KX-TVS50, KX-TVS75 and KX-TVS80 are both compatible, you can pick up them on ebay still for around £150.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is what you are recommending, some piece of equipment that will still need a card inserting or once purchased & plugged in, you can then output any answerphone message that you wish the caller to hear when they ring in. All i want is to inform callers who ring in, to tell them "We are now closed & will reopen Bla Bla Bla". And what is the difference between the three types that you recommended ? Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Maurice,

The difference between the three are just how many hours of voice recordings can be stored and how many mailboxes can be configured. The TVS50 will be more than suitable for your needs with 30 mailboxes and 2 hours of voice messages.

Another option is to buy a normal answer phone for £30, and put it on its own PBX extension, then setup a forward to the answerphone extension when you leave each night so all calls get sent to the answer phone. Without the VPS you cant automate call routing based on time of day, another option may just to setup the ring count on the answerphone to 6 rings and make sure all calls are answered before they go to voice mail.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Do you require any further assistance

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you trying to say that by buying an answerphone phone & plugging it in to one of the system extension sockets, anyone then ringing in would hear whatever message left on the answerphone & could then leave a voicemail. I assume that when that happens, & if anyone was in the building when somebody rings in, they would not be able to hear the phone ringing to answer the phone until the answerphone was unplugged ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Correct, providing the extension you plug the answer phone into was part of the hunt group for all calls coming in, it will work as you have suggested, at the cheapest option.