Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

PANASONIC TELEPHONE TG6521E: ANSWER MESSAGE KICKS IN

Customer Question

PANASONIC TELEPHONE TG6521E: ANSWER MESSAGE KICKS IN IMMEDIATELY, EVEN BEFORE TELEPHONE RINGS [PREVIOUS/EXISTING MESSAGE SETTING ERASED AFTER DOMESTIC POWER-OUTAGE - CURRENT SITUATION ARISEN ONLY AFTER TRIED RECORDING NEW MESSAGE & RESETTING ANSWER. PREVIOUSLY, AFTER THE 'OUTAGE', 'PHONE SIMPLY RANG WITHOUT ANSWER 'KICKING IN' ]
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

So currently if someone calls you it goes directly to the message system?
Are you still able to call out successfully?

If you pick up the line, do you hear a few beeps or a fast/stutter tone prior to the dial tone?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I cn call out, no problem - nothing diffrent. Have tested incoming calling vìa my mobile (cell?) phone hence disvovring problem.
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for the info

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
mayb try email - keyboard fastr!
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Happy to continue here, but I need complete and specific details, please:

1) If someone calls you it does it go directly to the message system?

2) If you pick up the line, do you hear a few beeps or a fast/stutter tone prior to the dial tone?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
this is getting complicated ... my email servr BT or Firefox browser having problems connect. And here 3am so not MY sharpest ..
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

We can certainly pick this up tomorrow if you wish (I'm in the US), if you'd like to bookmark/favorite this page to get back with me later.

Again though, I need 2 specific details from you that I am waiting for before I can give you an answer or steps to take:

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
not sure whethr you've got my previous reply/ies, via different channels ... [as noted, mobile battry running low, server/browser problems (which seem sorted now, but), and of corse caught doing These Things @ 4am ... Sod's Law, hey?]
Your necessary information:
1) Yes.
I know this, because I've tried ringing from my mobile, at each stage of trying to re-establish answer mode [had had numerous comments previously since 'outage' that answerphone not working ...]
2) Even now, no indication when I call out, of any change in usual sounds prior to dialling
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

If you had sent via email/text it won't come through, just on the browser/chat page.

Since this is a BT line that is the likely source of the issue, please unplug power to your BT modem for at least 5 minutes,

replug, give it a few minutes to start back up, then test the line again calling in and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
at least we know we're on same page! Yes kno my way thro basics, and where beyond - sorted browser/servr
Catch you 2morrow: in meantime - all our xchanges via JustAnswer?
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.
all exchanges take place via this chat format here.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Rogr & out ...
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.