How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Plastic Surgery
Satisfied Customers: 64645
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Plastic Surgery Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I got kicked in the chin twenty years ago at school I made

Customer Question

I got kicked in the chin twenty years ago at school I made a daft remark about a kids kite which ive regretted ever since I had tissue holding my lips bottom and top but the tissue was torn away from my top and bottom mouth which I have a pulling feeling on my mouth now my lips have been swollen ever since is there any way I could get my mouth attached to my gums again im sorry if you think its a strange question
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.


I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for your reply sorry if you think its a strange question I would like to wait if that's okay thankyou

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.


Your question is important to us. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,


Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Have you seen a plastic surgeon?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello ive not seen a surgeon to tell you the truth I didn't think that my lips could be rejoined to my gums but I would love my mouth to be what is was years ago I hate having loose lips sorry if you think this is a strange question but if you could help I would be grateful

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
actually you need to see a reconstructive [plastic] surgeon.
Yes there is a lot that can be done if there is deformity, even now.

That hands on assessment is needed to see what can be done.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Related Plastic Surgery Questions