Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

Hi, wondering if you can help. I have scars on the inside of

Customer Question

Hi, wondering if you can help. I have scars on the inside of my nose/nostril that are visible. How could these be covered? Is a skin graft possible to cover the damage? And if so is a skin graft possible over nostril hair?
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 3 years ago.
Plastic Surgeon : Thank you for your question. What is the reason you have these scars? Skin grafts will make the scars more visible. Sometimes kenalog (steroid) injections can lessen the appearance of a scar making the scar less apparent. You should see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. I am available if you have more questions.
JACUSTOMER-utwwd03m- : I'm unsure of the reason, I think it's a combination of, drugs (although won't be the only reason as I'm not addicted or a heavy user, having stopped, but may help with advice) picking my nose and I did pull some hairs out. It's really the septum by the tip of my nose which is narrower.. Short of having a full nose job to change the shape what are my options to cover scars on the septum/nostril? Is sending a picture possible?
Plastic Surgeon : Please send a picture. Steroid (kenalog) may still be the best option. A skin graft will be more visible. Skin grafts leave scars.