Dr. Herb Goldberg
Dr. Herb Goldberg, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Experience:  35 years experience in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Certified by the American Board
50734646

My friend needs bilateral replacement of implants and mastopexy

Customer Question

Hi my friend needs bilateral replacement of implants and mastopexy and wanted to know if she had this surgery in cyprus would she still be given after care in the uk but ideally would want surgery in the uk as she had implants private 20 years ago have now leaked and gone lumpy and hard but the nhs said they would not give her reconstructive surgery as this is for cancer patients only, do you know if this would be correct
thanks
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. If your friend requires bilateral implant replacement and mastopexy and has this performed in Cyprus, she will find it difficult to obtain follow up anywhere except where she had the surgery performed. Unfortunately, surgeons do not look forward to doing follow up on other surgeon's work. That really is the way things are in plastic surgery these days. The follow up for this surgery is not just a few weeks but is a minimum of 6 months to 12 months. That is the time that it takes for complete healing. I am available if you have more questions.