Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  Physician with 30 years experience
54412793

I had breast augmentation on 21st Feb 2015. Never suffered

Customer Question

Hi I had breast augmentation on 21st Feb 2015. Never suffered any pains/problems.
I've had slight pain it right breast on the side and I've found a "lump" it's about 1/2 cm not hard and it moves. It almost feels like a tube? Could you help please untill I can get in to doctors. I'm worried.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified physician. I can help you today. I'm sorry that you have this worry right now. But from your description, it's doesn't sound immediately concerning. Tube like mobile masses in the breast are almost always non-cancerous. With breast augmentation, the implants is placed under the existing breast tissue. That can make the glands easier to feel. A mobile elongated mass is almost always either a normal lymph node or some other part of the normal breast structure. Depending on your age, the doctor will order either an ultrasound of the mass or a mammogram if you are over 40 and/or have a family history of concerning breast disease. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add details. I want to be sure you have reassuring and helpful information.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctor.this doesn't sound like breast cancerthis sounds more like scar tissue from the breast augmentation procedureyou could be feeling the implant possibly as well.you need a breast ultrasoundbut I bet it will be benign and not show breast cancerlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad that you've now gotten 2 opinions and that Dr. David agrees with my original answer. At this point I hope you're feeling reassuring that nothing serious is going on. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add details. I've managed hundreds of women after breast augmentation. Dr. C.