Dr. Herb Goldberg
Dr. Herb Goldberg, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Experience:  35 years experience in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Certified by the American Board
50734646

I am 51 years old and two days post op of having a smas face

Customer Question

I am 51 years old and two days post op of having a smas face lift and lip lift. There have been a few things worrying me. firstly I cant move my right brow upwards and it now sits a little lower than my left side brow. almost like I have had half my face injected with botox. its frozen. Is this normal? I have spoke to the nurse and she has told me not to worry and she will see me in one week. I am terrified it is nerve damage.
The other factor that is worrying is the lip lift. I asked if my nose would change in any way, but was told no by the doctor. But my right side nostril looks higher than the right side. almost like too much skin has been taken away on one side making my nostrils look like the are at different level. I have also mentioned this next day after op but was told by the nurse she thinks its ok and there is still a lot of swelling. but don't see how the swelling will change the angle of my nose as it deffinatly looks like its higher.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. At this short time after surgery, facial swelling cause distortion of all areas and may affect the function and movement of your brows. It is too early in your healing to assume that there is nerve damage or not enough or too much skin removed. You must wait a few days more for the swelling to decrease in order to answer your questions. I am available if you have more questions.