Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Have a Chaffotaux Maury Britany Combi SE boiler

Customer Question

Have a Chaffotaux Maury Britany Combi SE boiler in a Pemberton Static Caravan.8 years old. Problem is that when I turn on the hot water tap the boiler fires up but almost straightaway the water flow stops and the boiler cuts out.This is accompanied by a squeeling noise from the boiler. The end result is that I have no hot water in my caravan and so we cannot use the van. I am not a plumber or gas engineer. I am at my wits end and need urgent advice. Please help. If I have not described the problem well enough could you please give me a number I can ring. Regards, XXXXX XXXXX

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.

emianplumbing :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX we are not allowed to give out numbers on here. If the boiler is switched off do you then get a flow of water through the tap.

JACUSTOMER-dlpzjicj- :

I have a local heating engineer on the case and i assume that he has checked that.

JACUSTOMER-dlpzjicj- :

He says it could be a number of things and he has mentioned an actuator or internal spindle but he will not change because he is not certain it is the case.

JACUSTOMER-dlpzjicj- :

He says he needs a specialist in these typpe of boilers to diagnose and fix.

JACUSTOMER-dlpzjicj- :

Are you a specialist in these boilers.

JACUSTOMER-dlpzjicj- :

my independent trawling of the internet says these boliers can be a problem and they affer a range of solutions.

JACUSTOMER-dlpzjicj- :

this dooes not help me.

JACUSTOMER-dlpzjicj- :

I am going to ask my local heating engineer plumber to go direct to the manufacturer.

JACUSTOMER-dlpzjicj- :

Unless you can give me a specific answer......I have also been it could be a three way valve,a diverter ,diaphragm or micro switch......I will thank you for your time and sign off.

JACUSTOMER-dlpzjicj- :

Having no knowledge whatsoever makes it difficult for me to get into a dialogue with you and going through just answers by me was not the best way to find an answer

emianplumbing :

There is no need to rate my query if you would like to contact the moderators they can cancel this question for you.