fixer2013
fixer2013, Property Manager
Experience:  As an ex -facilities manager I am suitably qualified to assist on general plumbing issues.
74591549
Plumbing

my aqualisa shower has stopped working wont turn on

Category: Plumbing
replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using our service.

Is it possible for you to give me more information. Is the power on, does the control knobs turn, is water connected

If you could give me this information I may be ble to be more help to you.

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Hi we changed the chrome pipe as it had broken and was leaking the shower was turning on then but pressed the top button to turn it on a few times and it made the noise it was going to start after pressing it a few times it would not work

fixer2013, Property Manager replied 4 years ago.

Hello again, I am sorry for this late reply, as I have been at my work.

I have researched the website for Aqualisa showers, There are quite a few models. Please could you tell me how old your shower is? Also do know the model.?

On looking there appears to be a cartridge inside the on/off control. It maybe that this has become blocked with sediment from the water. Causing the problem. Are you in a soft or hard water area.

If you can give me more information I will try to assist you further.

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

i dont know how old the shower is as was in when we moved here the bathroom was put in about 7 years ago so not that old it is in sussex which is a hard water area

Hello again, Im sorry for the late reply again. I only open up at this time of day.

From what you say I really think that the inner workings of the shower have clogged up from calcium in the water, I also live in Sussex and have had similar problems with Hard Water. 7 years is quite a time without going wrong. As I said the cartridge may need changing , The rough cost I have found is from £40 to £ 100 plus vat according to the model of the shower. It may be a cheaper option may be to purchase a new shower.

Im sorry that I cannot be clearer with this problem.