fixer2013
fixer2013, Property Manager
Experience:  As an ex -facilities manager I am suitably qualified to assist on general plumbing issues.
74591549

my water is running ok and is hot my central heating side there

Customer Question

my water is running ok and is hot my central heating side there is no light i have tried to reset the boiler and still no light hence no central heating do you have a clue i have recently had two radiators changed from singles to doubles down stairs and one radiator swapped round in the bedroom .the system as been ok for 1 week .
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.

Hello my name is Ivor.

Here are my thoughts on your problem. As you have had heating alterations to the system. The reason maybe that the water pressure is low and the system took time to stabilise once all the radiators have filled. Ther maybe also air locks in the radiators. Try bleeding them to get any air out of them.

On the boile should be a guage showing the water pressure in the system should be abot 1.5 to 2 bar. If this is lower the central heating solonoid will not operate. Under the boiler should be a small tap for you to put more water into the boiler. Once the pressure is correct the boile should start.

I hope this helps you fix the problem.

Please if you found my answer helpful could you rate my answer.

Many thanks and kind regards