Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

Hi! We have a drayton lifestyle lp241 programmer. As of this

Customer Question

Hi! We have a drayton lifestyle lp241 programmer. As of this morning we are unable to manipulate the screen/ the screen is blank, and both lights (heating and hot water) are red/ on and cannot be turned off.

When the thermostat is turned up to 22 deg the boiler starts working as usual, but we cannot change the settings of the programmer or even just see what it is set to. 

Please advise. Thanks.

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

It sounds fatal

XXXXX XXXXX :

The good news is that it is on a standard backplate, so many new programmers will be able to fit straight on without any wiring alterations.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Why dont you have a look at some on the internet and then give me some names and I will tell you if they are compatible

JACUSTOMER-2yl9cifx- :

Is it possible that the unit is simply 'crashed' and would reset itself if we trip the electrical circuit, I.e. force a reset?

JACUSTOMER-2yl9cifx- :

Is it possible that the unit is simply 'crashed' and would reset itself off we force quit by tripping the circuit? Thanks.

XXXXX XXXXX :

No, normally when this happens there is no coming back

XXXXX XXXXX :

I know that some people have cured this by putting the unit in the fridge to cool, or leave the power off overnight

XXXXX XXXXX :

but i have never seen that work

XXXXX XXXXX :

Do you need a wire around as it is still working until you change it?

JACUSTOMER-2yl9cifx- :

We just tripped the circuit and it has indeed reset itself! Obviously it just crashed as electronic devices sometimes do.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Great news!

XXXXX XXXXX :

Just keep an eye on it, but it is an easy swap

JACUSTOMER-2yl9cifx- :

Thank you for your time.

XXXXX XXXXX :

No problem