Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

i have a HE C24 boiler when turning boiler on when cold it

Customer Question

i have a HE C24 boiler when turning boiler on when cold it locks out and if I keep resetting eventually it lights, once warm it works properly. The start up procedure all seems to work correctly until ignition and I get sparking at ignition terminals but it is as if the gas doesn't flow because some safety solenoid doesn't release, it is obviously an intermittent fault but I know where the gas regulator is and I can see a solenoid at the top and wires going into the regulator at the bottom of it do you think we are looking in the right area for the fault please. does a boiler have like a cold start valve of sorts?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
Can you check at the cooker and see if you get a delay with the gas, sometimes the governor on the meter can stick?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cooker fine no delay

Are you able to strip and clean the electrodes?
The cleaner the electrodes the hotter the spark, perhaps they are not bright enough?