Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

Ive had my Vizo 24 plus about 6 years. Right from new the

Customer Question

I've had my Vizo 24 plus about 6 years. Right from new the pump runs continuously. The flicking on/off works, but only 'til it fires up again then the pump stays on. It never bothered me much, how much juice does a pump use? But now it's getting noisy and annoying. Everything points to a P.C.B. problem, but knowing the cost of these things I'm loth to go down that road. It's obviously a manufacturing fault, have they brought out any mods?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

Andrew Smith :

Is this the combi version?

JACUSTOMER-83tdlfmf- :

yes

Andrew Smith :

The pump is controlled by the room stat, if you have no room stat then the pump will run all the time until the boiler turns off.

Andrew Smith :

The burner will continue to go on and off with the returning water temperature

JACUSTOMER-83tdlfmf- :

It's obvious you know nothing about this boiler. The pump is controlled by the flame detection device and I want my money back.

Andrew Smith :

The pump runs before the boiler lights, so it cannot be controlled by the flame detection.

Andrew Smith :

If it was run by the flame detection then the pump would only run when the boiler was firing, which it does not.

Andrew Smith :

Do you have a room thermostat?