Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

Um. This will probably sound very silly. I have recently

Customer Question

Um. This will probably sound very silly.

I have recently moved in to a property with a fairly new (I think only about 2-3 years old) combi boiler; a Greenstar 24i Junior. My hot water and heating went off on Monday and I called out an engineer, who got them back online successfully and also serviced the boiler at the same time.

However, I have had a pretty miserable couple of days since, because - ever since then - whilst the hot water has been fine, the heating has gone off and come on apparently randomly, and I have just ended up getting very cold and then suddenly warming up again and then getting very cold. Even when I set the boiler to 'continuous' on the central heating front, for some reason, even that does not mean that I get continuous heating (but it used to.) I have checked the pressure gauge, and that is fine (hovering somewhere between 1 and 2).

Obviously this is no good for me long-term, and I want to be able to control what happens when - but I don't feel as if it's a fault, I think something somewhere has changed in the settings. It feels like a timer issue somehow, even though the timer light is not lit - but I just do not know how to fix it. The boiler is quite new and the settings are digital (I can email pictures, if helpful). I have checked the manual, but it just does not contain enough instructions to help me with the sequencing of pressing the buttons and operating the controls correctly ... the manual just says things like "Set Timer"! (Yes, brilliant. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX And how do I do that?!)

Can you help? I really feel as if this is about how to operate this boiler model and not about a fault, but whilst previously I knew how to operate the boiler so as to either put it on a timer or get hot water/heating on when I needed it, something seems to have shifted in the programming and I just don't seem able to find any proper instructions to get me back on track. Maybe it needs manufacturer's instructions, or just someone who knows this model of boiler? Can you help? Gemma
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a wireless room thermostat?