Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

Potterton 100 Central Heating Boiler Question the fan on

Potterton 100 Central Heating Boiler Question

the fan on this boiler just packed up and I have replaced it with one I had as a spare from a profile 80 boiler. All seems to work fine but the flame has quite an orange colour.

any advice appreciated
It sounds like there is an air mixture problem - did you fit a new fan seal both ends at the same time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Andrew

The fan is secured to a steel plate which but no particular seals. however I think the fan maybe a slightly different model to the one originally fitted.

There seems to be loads of different models of Fan for the potterton boilers, some websites seem to list them as interchangeable.

I was planning on getting a new fan with the correct part no. so this may correct the air mixture?

thanks

Yes, this will cure it