PlumbDr
PlumbDr, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing and Drainage Expert with 15 years+ business in the trade.
76535614

When I came back from a 3 month break my bathroom pipes were

Customer Question

When I came back from a 3 month break my bathroom pipes were making an awfully loud noise. It was like a jet engine!
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Expert:  PlumbDr replied 3 years ago.

Does this still happen after you have used each item in the bathroom i.e anfter flushing the toilet? or is the noise appear when using any items with in the bathroom?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Justin,

It applies to toilet, shower and wash hand basin in the toilet but not in the ensuite

Expert:  PlumbDr replied 3 years ago.

This sounds like one of the following:
The pipes have debris in them and require flushing.
Or if you have a tank or toilet with a ball cock - the valve diaphragm is brittle.
The water pressure is to high - if you have isolation valves installed I.e on the sink taps - try turning down water feed
The last option would be a loose pipe that is vibrating when you are using the bathroom, all these cause a plumbing fault called - water hammer.

In all of the above cases - require on site investigation and I would recommend calling an approved plumber to diagnose. The best option would be to visit www.watersafe.org.uk input your postcode at it will give you a local approved plumber.