PlumbDr
PlumbDr, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing and Drainage Expert with 15 years+ business in the trade.
76535614

Boiler

Customer Question

My wall mounted boiler was disconected about 7 months ago due to having a leak and too old to repair, not concerned the system was drained and left as I always worked away and when back stayed with the girlfriend.
Now thinking of renting it out therefore need a new boiler fitted.
Here's the problem, I can't find any paperwork I was given when the old one died, will this cause problems getting a new one fitted and the old removed?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.

Brian :

I cant see why this would cause any problem whatsoever, just get yourself a few quotes in the new year with reputable installers

Expert:  PlumbDr replied 3 years ago.

The details that you have provided will not cause an issue under a new boiler installation. The GAS ENGINEER may have to carry out further works in checking all your heating pipe works/ radiator valves and flush the system then add an inhibitor fluid. In this case you must get estimates from GAS SAFE Registered tradesmen. see the below web link and place your postcode into the search bar and it will give you a list of approved installers.

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/about/what_is_the_gas_safe_register.aspx?gclid=CMaUiPHRvrsCFfHMtAodSWkAiw