Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

hot water working, no central heating, changed thermostatic

Customer Question

hot water working, no central heating, changed thermostatic valve motor, was working for few hours then stopped again, can you advise, there is another thermostatic valve motor controlling the hot water separately could this be the problem.

thank you for your assistance

mark
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Have you changed the motor on the motorised valve?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Can you tell me if you turn the heating on only is the lever on the motorised valve tight or slack?

JACUSTOMER-p3iipk2v- :

yes changed the motor, valve opened straight away radiators got hot, not come back on this morning, my conclusion is possibly the timer not re set itself i am not at property at moment

JACUSTOMER-p3iipk2v- :

the system has seperate valves for heating and hot water, not your usual three way valve

XXXXX XXXXX :

Yes, you have an S plan configuration

XXXXX XXXXX :

if you turn on the heating only now can you confirm the valve opens and boiler fires?

JACUSTOMER-p3iipk2v- :

ok i am going to have to return to property it will take me an hour or so to get there, are you ok to chat when i arrive thank you

XXXXX XXXXX :

Yes, just reply to me again when you get there

XXXXX XXXXX :

Sorry I cannot hang on all day for the response.

JACUSTOMER-p3iipk2v- :

hello andrew

JACUSTOMER-p3iipk2v- :

sorry not got back to u had problem with internet, if want to continue ok if not no problem regards mark

XXXXX XXXXX :

I am back on now, how did you get on?

XXXXX XXXXX :

We needed to know if the valve opens when the heating is on only?