canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

I have the Insinkerator model No: SWT-FLTR-1 which is nearly

Customer Question

I have the Insinkerator model No: SWT-FLTR-1 which is nearly 3 years old now but the cold water feed has virtually stopped working.

I have boiling water and the filter was changed in November 2013. I have also checked that there are no kinks in the pipes.

When I press the cold water tap it only trickles out.

Any reason this should happen?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If you turn the water off and disconnect the inlet pipe to the filter and direct the line to a bowl then turn the water back on do you have water there? If so then can you connect it again and disconnect the outlet pipe from the filter and see if you have water there? If you do not and you do have water on the inlet then the filter is ready for another change. If this does not solve the problem let me know and we can investigate some other causes.

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?