Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

Hello I have a Main MULTIPOINT FF Room Sealed Fan-Assisted

Customer Question

I have a Main MULTIPOINT FF Room Sealed Fan-Assisted Water Heater - recently the water has been running hot and cold. When the shower is turned on the green light comes on and the water is hot but after a few mintues the water turns cold and the red warning light comes on. Even if I press the re-set switch the problem does not resolve itself! Help!
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-acrklnea- :

am not sure - I only moved into the property in May. It is out of its warranty though

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, the red light is blinking or it just turns on and stays on ?

JACUSTOMER-acrklnea- :

Oh dear, am not sure I can remember (am at work now!) I think it blinks

JACUSTOMER-acrklnea- :

when I press the re-set button the green light will come on but goes out again

JACUSTOMER-acrklnea- :

I recently had to pay for the Heatteam to come out and fix the water heater (for £170!!) as it was leaking considerably, turns out it was only a washer that needed replacing so am trying to avoid calling anyone out if there is a simple fix!!

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, from what you have described it seems that the problem is with either the pressure switch or the gas burner assembly...you will have to check the pressure switch and heat sensors...also check if the gas valve is fine...how good are your DIY skills? you will have to open this unit to check all these things

JACUSTOMER-acrklnea- :

My skills aren't great but the other half would have a go

KevinWhiteJA :

you have already tried the simple fix (reset switch) but it did not work

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, you can Pull of the fascia and undo the two fixing screws...then lift the outer case clear.

JACUSTOMER-acrklnea- :

are there instructions we can follow at home?

KevinWhiteJA :

Before commencing servicing or parts replacement turn off the gas supply at the main gas isolation valve and ensure that the appliance is cool.

KevinWhiteJA :

Check this Manual (page#20 to page#24) will help you

KevinWhiteJA :

however, only perform this kind of repair if you are comfortable

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-acrklnea- :

No thanks - will see how we get on

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks