Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

I have a biasi riva 32sm/c hot water ok but ch not working.

Customer Question

I have a biasi riva 32sm/c hot water ok but ch not working. the pcb is new all fuses are ok
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Is it a wireless thermostat?

Customer:

yes

XXXXX XXXXX :

Can you take it off the wall and sit it under the boiler?

XXXXX XXXXX :

You rate me as "poor"?

Customer:

the thermostat is already under the boiler on the kitchen worktop.

Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience: City and Guilds qualified plumber
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The poor rating was meant for the service I was getting from just answer, not for your answer

Are you getting lights on the receiver - do they flash and try to sync?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both lights are on all the time,if I reduce the temp on the thermostat the green light goes out , then increase and the green lights up again

It sounds like it knows what to do but is not working.
Would you like a wire around until you can get the receiver swapped?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

ok,
Can you take the cover off the receiver and let me know the connections you have and the wires going to them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

COM BLUE NO BROWN N BLUE L BROWN

Ok, turn the power off.
Leave the N and L as they are and then connect the blue from COM and Brown from NO together under the same connection.

the boiler will now fire the heating until you get it swapped - you should be able to control the heating with the thermostat or ch switch on the boiler