PlumbDr
PlumbDr, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing and Drainage Expert with 15 years+ business in the trade.
76535614

what type of connection should I use onto the shower inlet,

what type of connection should I use onto the shower inlet, active 320, as there is just a plain plastic pipe,no thread. My old 320 had a threaded pipe to connect.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  PlumbDr replied 3 years ago.

PlumbDr :

Hi. You can use a 15mm compression fitting, these are available in elbow or straight format - please see example http://www.screwfix.com/p/chrome-elbow-15mm/33526. Regards Justin

Customer:

SO I JUST NEED TO ADJUST THE SUPPLY PIPE TO MEET THE ELBOW?

PlumbDr :

Hi, Yes the supply pipe needs to meet the elbow - then install a water 15mm compression fitting. Either elbow or straight pending which direction your supply pipe is coming from ie supply pipe coming from the bottom straight up to the shower joint - then straight compression. If water supply is coming from out of the wall - then you will need a elbow compression to meet / join the shower unit. Hope this helps regards Justin