Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

connect an extractor fan to an Aqualisa

Hi, Is it possible to connect an extractor fan to an Aqualisa digital processor unit? I have installed the fan (240v) but would like it to come on when the Shower is operated.

Aqualisa Axis Digital Pumped

Shower with Ceiling Mounted

Head AXDC2FC

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Not from what I can see from the wiring diagram, nothing the manufacturer would allow anyway

XXXXX XXXXX :

One way would be a current clamp around the incoming wire to the shower, this would then detect current flow when the shower is run, you would need to connect this to a contactor and then wire to the fan

XXXXX XXXXX :

You would have to make this yourself and it would cost about £60 in bits

XXXXX XXXXX :

The other alternative would be fit a fan with a humidistat, this would turn on if the humidity in the room reached a high level;

XXXXX XXXXX :

http://www.airconcentre.co.uk/products/Extractor+Fans/Bathroom,+Shower+%26+Toilet+Fans+/Slimline+Axial+Fans/Xpelair+SLDC100HT+Slimline+Fan+with+Humidistat+%26+Ultra+DC+Motor+(92682AW)+-+New+Generation/227

Customer: Yes cheers! Confirms my thoughts, including detecting humidity and currant clamp. I have settled for a pull cord for now and will return to it another time. Thanks very much for peace of mind!