canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

i have a biasi m90, i have no heating or hot water. i turn

i have a biasi m90, i have no heating or hot water. i turn the tap on the fan comes on boiler fires for a few sercondes then cuts out.it does this a few times then goes in to lock out any suggestions
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. First check the condensate drain is clear. If condensate has backed up into the fan it could have shorted the fan. After confirming the drain is clear inspect the connector on the fan and see if there are any signs of shorting. Also if the flame sensor is dirty remove it and sand the end gently with scotch brite until shiny but not so much that you take the top layer off.

Customer: Thanks i will try that in the morning, I'm a plumber not really an expert in boiler repairs, the condensate is not blocked, did clean out the domestic heat plate which had a Little sludge in it, the system could do with a Powerflush, not sure if that will help
canuck the pro :

It could also need that but doubtful that would cause lockout. Flame failure is usually sensor related but a dirty heat exchanger can certainly slow it down too.

canuck the pro :

If you have further questions, I will be back in about 30. Gotta go read some bedtime stories.

canuck the pro :

I am back if you have more questions

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber and Handyman