Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

Question for Rick Ridley:- Hi Rick, Still have an issue with

Question for Rick Ridley:-
Hi Rick,
Still have an issue with my Ideal Classic FF60 Heating system. The Boiler works fine, the Water Thermostat on the tank works fine.
The 3 port motor valve has been renewed.
The only part not working is between the Room Thermostat, Programmer, 3 port motor valve and the wired Honeywell circuit panel next to the water tank.
When I test the thermostat it clicks on/off with the temp knob movement, the terminals go live and off with respect to the temp setting.
The programmer is set to call for heating but the boiler will not light.
At present the only way I can get the heating on, is to turn up the thermostat on the Water tank.

Any Clues Rick?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX : It could be the motorised valve, you say you have replaced the head - but if the body is too stiff for the valve to turn then it still will not work
Customer:

the fault was in the motorised valve. it was not the body that's fine. it was not the mechanism, although the old one started to slip. It was a burned out mini board within the head valve, breaking the circuit between the Room Stat and the pump. It's been replaced and all is working as normal again.