canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

My neighbour is saying that he has a damp patch in his kitchen

My neighbour is saying that he has a damp patch in his kitchen adjacent to my house and that the leak must be coming from my house, I have no visible leaks, is it probable that it's coming from my house?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. The damp area is inside his house?

Customer: Yes
canuck the pro :

Very unlikely. What investigation has brought him to this conclusion? How was he able to exclude anything from his house that directed his attention to yours?

Customer: He has recently had his bathroom refitted and says he had everything checked
canuck the pro :

Funny how there was no issue until the new installation. Could be ground water or very likely his own plumbing. Your plumbing does not connect to his.

Customer: As I rent he wants me to get my landlord to get a plumber to check for leaks, I am hesitant because I don't want to cause my landlord unnecessary expense, but I'm worried that if it does turn out to be from here my landlord would be liable for more
Customer: Thanks for your help