canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

Plumbed in shower wiring ok but the earth has a break in it

Plumbed in shower wiring ok but the earth has a break in it and it likes the wire was wound round each other then taped up but now new shower fitted the pressure is low. Shall I fix the earth wire would that help
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If it is no longer earthed that will make a difference. Yes do fix the earth wire. Also if you did not flush it before turning the water back on then remove the shower head and clear any debris and check the inlet filter.

Customer: What other things should I check for if the pressure of the shower is low as it wasn't before. This shower is now a 9.5kw it was a 8kw before but the wiring is a 10mm . So it should have been a straight forward swap over as the cable and water same position as the old electric shower
canuck the pro :

Did you flush it before turning the water on?

Customer: No I turned temp gauge clockwise full to 10 then turned power connector on cold water setting isolated electrics from rcd unit as cover was off. Turn water back on check for leaks. Non. Put fascia on. Secured cover then turn electric supply on ran the water and pressure was find turned eventually to hot and fine 48hrs later pressure low
canuck the pro :

Almost certainly there is debris that has reduced the flow. If you remove the inlet pipe there is a screen there that will have debris. When you get the earth wire fixed that will help also. If you remove the shower head or sprayer is there more flow without? Also may be an airlock situation.

Customer: No pressure same when the shower head removed. If an airlock situation what do I do to rule that out
canuck the pro :

I would first start by repairing the earth wire and check the inlet. That is the most likely to cause issue.

Customer: Thanks for your help
You are very welcome.