Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

Why does my worcester boiler run the pump and fan for approx

Why does my worcester boiler run the pump and fan for approx 3 minutes every 8 minutes while not calling for heat.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

You have done correctly by turning on the eco mode to shut off the dhw preheat, when it does run - what is on the display?

Customer:

The indicator shows the water temp which drops one or two degrees

XXXXX XXXXX : That is no reason to fire the boiler, it looks like a PCB fault would cause this
Customer:

Ater removing the new IT500 Salus receiver I have re-installed the original Worcester receiver and then all is back to normal.

Customer:

salus could give me no explanation as to why the boiler was running and only daid that their "kit was spot on and it was my boiler" which is only 18 months old.

Customer:

XXXXX XXXXX : RF systems can get interference from many different source including the neighbours heating.
XXXXX XXXXX : If you have narrowed it down to this, then is it possible to run a wire to the thermostat position to cure this for good?
XXXXX XXXXX : If you have a Worcester wireless kit already then you would much better off to use the superior make to run your boiler
Customer:

We were looking for remote control basically for swithing on when away from home to arrive home to a warm house.

Customer: