Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

My shower starts hot then runs cold

My thermostatic shower tower starts running hot ok but after a few minutes starts to run cold, it also pulses occasionally. If I switch the shower off and then back on it eventually runs hot again for a few more minutes. When I check the Baxi combi boiler the DHW light isn't lit, as if the shower has stopped calling for water (when pulsing the DHW light appears to pulse also). I can't imagine its a boiler fault because turning a tap on means the boiler runs continually. Anyone have any ideas?

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.

Brian :

Hi its sounds like the thermostatic cartridge in the shower is faulty and it will need replacing. If you let me know the make and model I may be able to send you the link to costs for this item. Best regards Brian