fixer2013
fixer2013, Property Manager
Experience:  As an ex -facilities manager I am suitably qualified to assist on general plumbing issues.
74591549

I have a aqualisa aquaforce power shower (the pump is in the

I have a aqualisa aquaforce power shower (the pump is in the airing cupboard) and it has stopped working. There is nothing from the pump,
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 2 years ago.

fixer2013 :

Good evening

fixer2013 :

I hope that I can help you . You say that the pump isn't running at all. Have you checked any circuit breaker or other at the consumer unit.

fixer2013 :

Would you be competent in testing whether there is power to the pump. If not I would advise for safety that it may be prudent to contact a competent electrician.

fixer2013 :

It may be just something simple like a fuse or a trip out. Is there a fused spur outlet that the pump is connected to? If so have you changed the fuse.

Customer: The pump is plugged into a plug socket so I have changed the fuse and still no lucj
fixer2013 :

Is it possible to plug in a small lamp to see if there is power to the socket?

Customer: Have just done so and there is power to the socket
fixer2013 :

Ok thank you . If you now put the pump plug back in what happens now? also the pump my be stuck can you give it a tap with something wooden, ( this sometimes works.as having done it myself)

fixer2013 :

If all this fails then I would suspect it is the pump itself that has gone faulty

fixer2013 :

From your shower do you have water coming out at all ?

Customer: Nothing happens when I have plugged it back in, no noise . The light on the pump us not lighting up so it looks like there is no power reaching the pump. Nothing happens when I tap it with wood.
Customer: There is water coming from the shower, but with no pressure
fixer2013 :

Thanks for your reply , I am sorry but it seems that the pump itself has failed. It will probably need replacing. Can I ask how old it is?

Customer: we moved into the property in December but we're told it was a couple of years old
fixer2013 :

For it to fail it may be older. If it is a rented property the landlord is responsible or if you purchased the property then I am sorry it would be best to get a plumber to change it for you.

fixer2013 :

I hope you get it sorted satisfactorily, As I feel the problem is the pump Then I cannot offer any further advice.

fixer2013 :

If you feel I have been of help, would you please rate my replies.

Customer: Thank you
fixer2013 :

Thank you kind regards

fixer2013, Property Manager
Experience: As an ex -facilities manager I am suitably qualified to assist on general plumbing issues.
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 2 years ago.
Hello again
Thank you for your positive rating, I hope that my answer helped you to get the work completed satisfactorily

Thank you for using Just Answer. If you have any questions in future just post them and we will endeavour to answer positively

Ivor
Fixer2013