Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Is the 3rd tube under a Franke Danube tap the securing device.

Is the 3rd tube under a Franke Danube tap the securing device. Is it a nut or a screwdriver slot. What gear doI need to tighten it. I have comprehensive socket set and screwdrivers.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.

Brian :

The Tube is a threaded stem a nut screws up the stem and clamps the tap tight. you will need a box spanner or a long socket. unfortunately I don't know the size of the nut on this model. Usually between 8 and 12 mm. this will do the job http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand+Tools/Plumbers+Tools/Mono+Tap+Back+Nut+Box+Spanner+4+Piece/d10/sd210/p16973