Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

I hav an old halstead combi boiler which has had very little

Customer Question

I hav an old halstead combi boiler which has had very little use the central heating works fine not a problem but the hot water only works when the heating is on and only lasts a few minutes then goes cold and stays cold . I had a plumber out he changed the diaphragm that didn't work so he changed the water pump £180.00 pounds later he told me to get halstead manual so I did now he won't answer my calls so no further forward with boiler but £180 lighter in the pocket .
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

Andrew Smith : If the diaphragm was changed, it doesn't guarantee to sort the problem if the divertor valve is too stiff to work.
Andrew Smith : Can you see inside the boiler and check the pin lifts when you run the hot tap?
Andrew Smith : He should not have touched the boiler unless the manual was in his possession