Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

After 5 mins or more the shower now trips the electricity.

After 5 mins or more the shower now trips the electricity. installed by qualified electrician.
Has isolation switch and single shower cable . worked very well for 2-3 years.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hello .can you tell me what model it is ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It only states "Triton " on the outer cover

Hello . Is the shower used a lot ? Is there a leak from the shower unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES !!!

Electric showers trip the fuse when there is a short circuit. If the shower is not leaking inside and making the circuit trip, it will be the heater can unit. This like a small immersion heater inside and when they corrode they allow water onto the electrical connections. If you know the model these can be bought as a spare for around 50 to 100 . They can be fiddly to fit . I would recommend replacing the unit. They are easily enough to replace as long as you get like for like and the same kilowatt rating. Ie if it's a 8 kW get another 8 kilowatt , otherwise it could mean upgrading the electrical cable.
Does this answer your question , or do you have any other questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was hoping that it could be repaired but I will replace it . It only cost about £130 ,

Hi . It can be repaired , but it's deciding whether it's worth the aggro. You could take the cover off (turn power off first ) and see if you think it looks like something you would be able to do . Usually a couple of screws at the top and bottom..
Hi . Did this answer your question. If it did could you please give a positive response. Thanks
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience