Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I feel I have been charged an exborbitant amount for plumbing

Customer Question

I feel I have been charged an exborbitant amount for plumbing work which was completed yesterday in my house. The job entailed the renewal of seals at the entry joints at each end of the pipe connecting the cistern to to the the lavatory pan. The work took one hour spread over two days. The plumber arrived in the evening of the first day but did not finish the job then as he said he had to leave to do another job elsewhere. He returned yesterday for the remainder of the work. The bill came to £200.40. I had understood that the first half hour would cost £76 but did not understand the this would be more than doubled for a longer period of work. I telephoned the firm prior to the arrival of the plumber yesterday and stated that I expected to pay £76 and was not told otherwise. I since checked with a different firm and given a quote of £100.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.

Plumberpro : Hi . Unfortunately plumbing companies differ widely in their behaviour to their customers.did you recieve a reciept
Plumberpro : Did you recieve a receipt/invoice stating their terms and conditions?
Hello . Did you require any further help ?
If not could you please give a positive response, thank you
Hello . Do you have any further questions . If not could you please give a positive response, thank you