Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have a Whirlpool Spa that needs new jets, how can I get his

I have a Whirlpool Spa that needs new jets, how can I get his done?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.

Plumberpro : Hello . Do you have the bath removed ?
Is it a domestic bath or an outdoor whirlpool
Hiello. To remove the jets requires a special tool
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The bath was installed in our bathroom in 1986. The circular ring that screws in to hold the jets are the problem. They get very dirty very quickly and I need new ones or a more modern type that is wider and screws in to hold the jets, I have photos.

Hi they need special tools . Once the covers are removed you will be able to tell what type of removal tool you need .this site has most http://www.spapartsshop.com/jetremovalandinstallwrenches.aspx. But it all depends on what type of whirlpool spa you have . There are many makes. Do you have a photo ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have photo's, I can also remove the circular plastic rings, what covers do you mean?

Would be able to attach the photos ?
Meant the rings, sorry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am no expert on computers or mobile phones, so later today I will download the photo's from my phone onto my computer and then try to attach them so you can see the problem.

There are a lot of different models . I found this in my own manual but I don't know what type you have .
3
Select the aqua jet you wish to remove. Push down on the jet with one hand and turn it to the left until it no longer turns. Then pull in a quick motion away from the wall of the whirlpool tub.

Remove Aqua Jets With Jet Trim Tool
4
Turn off the water and electricity going to your whirlpool bath. Drain the whirlpool tub until the jet you wish to remove is no longer submerged.

5
Turn the aqua jet upward so the nozzle points toward the ceiling.

6
Insert the jet trim tool into the aqua jet nozzle and push it toward the back of the jet until it stops, then pull back toward you slowly, catching the hook on the inside of the nozzle.

7
Turn the aqua jet to the left until it stops, then pull on the jet tool, popping the jet out of the whirlpool.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have a bath not a tub and the rings unscrew, I have removed them for cleaning and replaced them. Your messages this morning are all timed at 5:00am, where are you?

Uk.
Where are you from ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chesterfield Area, Derbyshire.

Ok. Do your jets have adjustable nuzzles?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When you put the screw rings in the nozzles can be aimed at different angles.

Ok . You will need a removal tool . Simple tool , you may be able to make yourself. There is a great you tube vid showing this http://youtu.be/G15xGkAwznw. All jets will just pull out . Some will need a bit more force than others . Some may require special tools .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the photo's on my computer. They will not attach. I think we are talking about two different things. I have to go now and will be back later, hope that is OK?

That's fine . I will get a email automatically if you get back to me
Hi .just retread your first message . May have got the wrong end of the stick. Do you want to change the jets yourself, or get someone to do it?
Hi . Recieved photos. Thanks
Hi . I'm afraid I have some bad news . The bath you have is by a company called aquatec who stopped making that bath in 92 . Unfortunately you can not get the parts for it any more. The only thing I can suggest is to replace the bath , unless you can find a secondhand one in good condition to swop parts.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
If you have any more questions , please go ahead otherwise could you please give a positive response,
Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, can we not find the new wider covers that screw on?

Hi. It will be hit and miss . The only supplier you might get them from is www. Whirlpool express.co.uk . You may have to send them the photos. I have already tried them for the complete unit including jets. If it's only the covers they may have them . Their phone number is XXXXX 244 555. I already emailed the photos yesterday for you , but they may have to be resent
Hi . Hope you had some luck locating the rings. If you require me to help you further then please go ahead. If not would please give a positive response, thank you