MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
11519491

How is the Mira 415 shower unit removed from the supply pipes,

Customer Question

How is the Mira 415 shower unit removed from the supply pipes, I know it is old but it works very well and wish to replace it after work on the wall
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
Hi its good you figured out the issue.
What you really need is a ground clamp.
You can get that at any local hardware store. I will assist further if needed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your answer is not in reply to what ASKED. My question is about a Mira 415 shower control unit fitted in a bathroom.

Hi Nigel, Im so sorry the site has been weird today its possible you got a reply meant for someone else. Please let me know what connections you are referring, is the plumbing or electrical? Thank you for your patience, they have been doing upgrades to the software. Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The connections are hot/cold 15mm pipes, this is a non-electric mains water supply unit. a installation/service manual would be useful.

Hi Nigel thank you for clearing that up, Let me research this for you, usually you need to access this for another wall. I know its a lot to do but thats the way they set these things up.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but, since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)

Thank you Nigel.
Tech Michael
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience: Handyman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For a expert I thought this should be a simple question to answer. Talk about access from the other side of the bathroom wall is plain daft. If you are not a plumber and do not know what you are talking about please say so and pass my question on to some who can answer.

Hi Nigel,the issue is I cant see where or how they hooked this up. I can only tell you how you need to access the pipes for replacement.
I am still here and will work with you if you can send a picture or two to me so I can be sure what you need to do.
thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael, If you had access to Mira(NNN) NNN-NNNNmanual you could see what my problem is . You are the expert that I paid, that is the information you should be able to access. As I said If you can not help, please pass the question to a expert plumber who should be able to answer the question. 2028 14/05/2014

Hi Nigel, perhaps Im not sure what you need to know?
I thought you were asking how yo replace the unit?
Please let me know on this.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Micheal does not have a clue about basic plumbing and fittings, his strange answers confirm that. My question SHOULD have gone to expert plumber. Please pass my question to a plumber, or arrange for a full refund, and not waste any more of yours or my time.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hello . I will try to help . Are the pipes in the wall , behind tiles? Or on the surface?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The pipes are in the wall and behind tiles, I need to dismantle the control unit to gain access to the connections as they come out of the wall, then I can remove the unit, complete the repair work and replace the unit. Its how to strip the control unit to get at the connections is my problem. Or can you say where I could obtain a manual for Mira 415 1990 model.

Hi . Manual require is here.
http://help.tradingdepot.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/mira-combiforce-415.pdf.
If you have any further questions please go ahead , otherwise please give a positive response, thank you
Hello . Do you require more help? If not could you please give a positive response, otherwise the question will time out and I will not get paid for my time . Thank you
Hi there . Do you require any more help with your question ? Was the manual of help ?
Hi as requested I sent you a link to the manual . Do you mind if I ask why you have given a negative response.
Thanks .