Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I am hoping you can assist me. I have a Crosswaterr bath mixer

Customer Question

I am hoping you can assist me. I have a Crosswaterr bath mixer unit with a seized mixer valve (KL2001RC CHROME KUSASI SHORT LEVER). I managed to get a new valve cartridge but when I took the old cartridge unit out it fell apart with the perforated housing left inside the mixer unit casing. I have made-up a tool using a threaded rod an some 19mm joining bolts and managed to rotate the lodged part of the mixer valve but it still will not come out.

I am hoping that someone on this forum has come across this problem before and are able to offer a solution (or specific tool) to extract the remaining part of the valve.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.

Plumberpro : Try phoning the manufacturer. http://www.crosswater.co.uk/ should just pull out somehow . Maybe the o rings are tightly holding it .
JACUSTOMER-b7etwn3e- :

I have already contacted their support team.

Plumberpro : Hi . Did you have any luck with the support team?
JACUSTOMER-b7etwn3e- :

They asked me to send a photo of the part of the valve that is stuck in the casing. Unfortunately, I am working away from home for a few days so will not be able to follow this up till Friday at the earliest.

Plumberpro : Ok , that's fine do you want to follow this up then?
Plumberpro : Would you be able to send me the photo too ,
Plumberpro : Hi . Just looked at the cartridge again online and have a suggestion , but will make more sense when you are back
JACUSTOMER-b7etwn3e- :

ok will do

Hi . If you have no more questions could you please give a positive response, thank you