Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

My Ferroli Optima 901 boiler has developed a problem. The

Customer Question

My Ferroli Optima 901 boiler has developed a problem. The hot water is running too hot and will not turn down with the control. Obviously it overheats and cuts out, giving burst of cold water. Is it a thermostat problem? Can I repair it myself?

Cheers, Dave
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX : can you confirm that the heating can regulate itself correctly?
XXXXX XXXXX : Can you confirm you do not have your hot water thermostat turned to maximum
JACUSTOMER-9nhq01pp- : Hi, I have the thermostat on zero. Heating is working, and hot water works when heating is on
XXXXX XXXXX : Hot water only works when the heating is on?
XXXXX XXXXX : Does the boiler overheat when the heating is on?
JACUSTOMER-9nhq01pp- :

Hi, The heating appears to be working normally. I've just ran it for 30 minutes. It's only the hot water which is over heating and cutting out