Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have a Triton Opal shower, approx 10 years old. When I press

I have a Triton Opal shower, approx 10 years old. When I press the button for hot water, it goes to the 'low pressure' and water runs cold. If I press the cold button, sometimes it goes to the hot button, and sometimes it goes straight to 'low pressure'.
Two questions:- do I need a replacement? What is the kw of this shower?
Many thanks.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.

Plumberpro : Hi . Yes I would replace if it this age . It depends on the size of your electric cable as to the power of the replacement. Also check the fuse rating of the mcb in your fuse board. If it is 40A then this will allow a 9.5 kW . If it is a 45 A mcb then this will allow a 10.5 kW. .
Plumberpro : Cable should be 10mm if you require this power
Plumberpro : Hi , if I have answered your question , could you give a positive response, thank you
Plumberpro : Hi could you please rate your answer and if satisfied give a positive response to the answer you received, thank you