theplumber717
theplumber717, Plumber
Experience:  Lic plumbing and heating contractor, 28 years exp
63005973

Insinkerator model 65 is leaking at the bottom ..can this be

Insinkerator model 65 is leaking at the bottom ..can this be easily fixed. appliance dates from 2006 ..not heavily used ..no problems to date .

great if you can assist
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would welcome an answer should you locate a relevant expert. Thank you Shantal.

regards

David

Expert:  theplumber717 replied 3 years ago.
As long as it's not coming from the drain line, either outlet of the disposal, or the inlet of the dishwasher line (If you have connected there) Then i'm sorry to say, there is no fixed, a leaking disposal can not be repaired, and must be replaced.) If you have any questions on this please reply and i will reply back, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you . Can I just clarify a little . The leak is coming from a little hole just beside the reset button at the base of the unit . Are you saying that such a leak cannot be fixed and a replacement is required.

Thank you .

Yes, this means the body itself is leaking, and cannot be repaired, which would mean a new disposal is needed.
theplumber717, Plumber
Experience: Lic plumbing and heating contractor, 28 years exp