Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I replaced a 450x900 hot water cylinder for a 450x1500 but

I replaced a 450x900 hot water cylinder for a 450x1500 but hot water pressure is now very low,there are 2 x 25 gallon header tanks in the loft which are joined and 22mm cold feed to base of cylinder,i have forced cold mains back up to header tank incase its an airlock then pressure is good for a while then drops off
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro : Hi Have you checked the obvious , ie. that the gate valves are fully opened, haven't snapped half closed etc. the size of the cylinder shouldn't really affect the flow rate out . If the tank size is a problem you will be able to tell if the level gets too low by running the taps and looking inside. It could be an airlock , sometimes they are a bugger. Do you have a water vacuum , capable of sucking water. I use this sometimes on the tap to pull it through?
Plumberpro : Make sure there arent any built in air locks on the pipe work , ie running uphill
Plumberpro : Also did you use a bung in the tank.? If so check this is out .
Plumberpro : Hi . If I answered your question satisfactory could you please give a positive rating , thanks. , Toby.
Plumberpro : or if you need further help , please continue
Customer:

Hi toby,sorry for late reply,not going to the property with the problem for a few days but will try what you have sugested,just wanted to clarify it isn't the change in cylinder size