Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Dear Sir, I would like to ask you the following questions

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
I would like to ask you the following questions related to Ferroli Domicondens F24 & F28 gas valve 39817850:
1. How does this valve work?
2. How does the MODUREG work?
3. what voltage of the signal is from the two yellow lines to the MODREG V7335A?
4. what voltage of the signal is from the brown and blue lines to the gas valve?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Best regards,
Mary
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

Plumberpro : Hi . Firstly I would. Not try to adjust the mod urge unless gas safe and have a gas flue aniliser , however the chances of it being anything to do with that is extremely low. First I need a bit of info. Can you hear the boiler trying to light, ie fan running and sparking?
Plumberpro : Have my doubts about the experience of your gas engineer. If it is the pump , this is usually quite obvious and easy to test.
Plumberpro :

Also if the pump wasn't running the boiler wouldn't attempt to fire

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

To Plumberpro:

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

thank you very much for your response. Yes, I can hear the boiler trying to light and fan is running. A gas safe engineer has tried to replace the pump with a new one. But the problem is still there. So the engineer install the original pump back. Obviously, the pump works.

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

The fault was happened when I started using hot water. The boiler shows error A01 just in two minutes, and no hot water. then I tried to reset the boiler, then the boiler can start again, but error A01 frequently appeared, and in five minutes, the boiler completely can't work.

Plumberpro :

Hi .can you check if the heating runs please

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

The boiler does not fire although I can hear the ignition, so no water and no heating.

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

Thanks,

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

no hot water and no heating.

Plumberpro :

Hi. It sounds like the boiler is firing and not sensing the flame, then cutting out.change the flame detection probe,also called the flame rectification probe.

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

Thanks for your answer. However, I can't see any flame. It looks no gas comes out. where is the flame detection probe? thanks.

Plumberpro : The ignition and the detection probes slide up into the burner. At a central position at the bottom of the burner chamber. Can you hear the boiler sparking as if to light? Also make sure the condensate trap isn't blocked .
Plumberpro : There are a few things the boiler pcb checks before allowing the gas valve to open up . More likely to be theses than the gas valve .
Plumberpro : Hi , it is a combined ignition/ detection probe .
JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

Actually, I have tested the signal from PCB to the modureg of the gas valve. When ignition, a 2.4V signal output to the modureg (two yellow lines). This means ignition has been detected and the system produces signal to open the valve. However, the signal between the brown and blue lines, output to the gas valve, is not stable during ignition. That is why I ask you how many voltages output to gas valve.

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

I also wonder if the condense trap is blocked. But I don't know what the condense trap is? where is it allocated? how to clear it? thanks.

Plumberpro : Condense trap is behind the pump
Plumberpro : Condensate trap is behind pumo
Plumberpro : Pump
JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

how to clear it?

Plumberpro : The brown and blue of gas valve are probably routed through the temperature sensors. These can be tested by their ohms readings . The heating and hot water. One should have the same readind at room temp . Between 4000 and 7000 . But I can't tell you the exact voltage running through the brown and blue lines , it probably varies as the ntc sensor variy with temp change. Sorry but on boiler jobs if it is not in the manual only fferroli would have that info . . Kind regards. , Toby
JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

thanks, Toby.

Plumberpro : Your welcome . If you need further help , I will try my best to help
Plumberpro : Only rate if satisfied with your answer, I know I didn't have the exact info you needed and understand if you ask for a refund . All the best
JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

Hi, Following my last question, which you may not be able to answer. But could you answer the following questions:

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

(1) What is the working voltage of the Fan for Ferroli F28? DC240V or AC 240V 50HZ?

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :

(2) What is the working voltage of the gas vlave for Ferroli F28? DC240V or AC 240V 50HZ?

JACUSTOMER-yuop3b73- :