adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

I am trying to decide between installing a TWS Accumulator

I am trying to decide between installing a TWS Accumulator and a Grundfos vairable speed booster pump (having been advised both solutions by credible people). I live in a 2900 sqft, 3 floor, 4 bathroom solution (with potential to add a basement). Cost is not my primary consideration. Could you please advice me of the pros and cons.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

Plumberpro : Hi. In my experience , what works really well is a set of cold water storage tanks with a booster pump set. This is used in the mansion houses in chealsea etc with 4 or more bathrooms. You will be assured of good flow rates and pressure. It is not the cheapest option, but would sit perfect in a basement and would give the best solution. , Regards. Toby
JACUSTOMER-r61zobn9- :

Thank you, have you used the TWS Accumulators? What are the negatives of the accumulator option?Is the pump booster set not very noisy?

Plumberpro : No . I have not used them or seen them in action. I have looked into them and would probably recommend them for one or two bathrooms but once the hydrulic pressure discharges then the pressure would drop. The bosster sets do make some noise, but not excessive . If placed in a basemant with a door they wont be heard . Are you going to use unvented cylinders , ie magaflo for your hot water ?
Plumberpro : Hi .do you mind if i ask why you rated me poor service? Just to let me know where i went wrong
Plumberpro : Just out if courtesy , please
JACUSTOMER-r61zobn9- :

Hi, yes not issue, only that you have not got experience of the TWS Accumulator and therefore are not able to provide me with the detailed response / comparison that I would hope for.

JACUSTOMER-r61zobn9- :

That was all.

Plumberpro : Ok. No probs , thank you for letting me know. Its just that in nearly 20 years i have never come across one installed . But i will opt out and if someone else does they will come in and answer you . You do not have to pay until you are satisfied . All the best
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam