Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

My saniflow pump stopped working and the electrics were burn

Customer Question

My saniflow pump stopped working and the electrics we're burn out.it was used to pump the used water from my wetroom.the angle of the wet room wouldn't allow water to escape without help of the pump.now I'm faced with a problem should I get an electrician to fit a new pump or invest in a stronger pump?access to pipes iare very restricted and two plumbers have said they don't know how anyone managed to fit it in first place.can you offer any advice or suggestions please.
Linda eckel.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

Plumberpro :

Hi .I will try to help .

Plumberpro :

Hi . will need some info .where about is the saniflo at the moment?

JACUSTOMER-z19vf8oq- :

inbetween two walls in the foundations of the house.plumber had to cut an access point through floor of my wardrobe.

Plumberpro :

Wow. Can you get to the waste pipe /trap outlet .? Is the wetroom on the ground floor?

JACUSTOMER-z19vf8oq- :

the wet room is on ground floor.the house has been converted into 4 flats and i have the ground floor flat.I personally havent gone down in foundations as im disabled and in a wheelchair.The plumbers say its a maze of different pipes.Im only flat with any drainage probs.All neighbours are ok.

Plumberpro :

OK . so can the waste pipe /outlet be accessed from the basement/foundations?

JACUSTOMER-z19vf8oq- :

Think it was only the pump that was keeping the water escapeing.But think it burnt out after 8years of use.

JACUSTOMER-z19vf8oq- :

sorry im a girlie.The big black toilet waste pipe is outside the house,is that what you mean by waste pipe or are you refering to wet room water waste.?

Plumberpro :

To be honest I have changed about 20 as a plumber and didn't need an electrician as the are easy to change usually . I think you should just replace it as they are great at what they do and even though they cost about £500 supplied and fitted . I would get a quote from 3 different plumbers. I always to like to do the hard jobs that no one else wanted .

JACUSTOMER-z19vf8oq- :

Because im on benefits the o.t has said if i get 3 electricans reports as well as the two plumbers reports, i may get help with cost of new pump and fitting.

Plumberpro :

OK. Then that sounds a good idea

JACUSTOMER-z19vf8oq- :

The two plumbers that have been are not keen to fit pump as dont feel electrics are their thing to fit it proply.What do you think the chances of a pump doing the same if a new pump was fitted?

Plumberpro :

I would definitely get a different plumber. These don't seem up to the job .ask friends ,neighbours and family for a recommendation. Also age concern have a list of recommended plumbers

Plumberpro :

Any pump you fit will have a limited lifetime . but saniflo are the best for waste water pumping . unfortunately there is no way around that I'm sorry to say

JACUSTOMER-z19vf8oq- :

Thank you for the advice.Will get quotes on fitting a new pump.(saniflow)and hope ot at social services grants help with cost.I wouldnt expect it to last forever and am just thankfull it lasted this long.

Plumberpro :

OK . all the best Linda. Would you mind giving me a positive rating thanks. , Toby

Plumberpro :

.

Plumberpro :

Hello . could you please rate me please, thank you , Toby

Plumberpro :

Hi . please dont forget to rate your answer, thanks

Plumberpro :

Hi can you please give a positive rating, thanks

Plumberpro :

Hi . your question will time out soon .you indicated you were happy with the answer you received, would you mind giving a positive rating thank you