Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I was having my kitchen fitted and needed a plumber to help

I was having my kitchen fitted and needed a plumber to help the fitters re sit the stop cock in the kitchen unit and alter pipes to the washing machine and dishwasher already in place but needed repositioning, he also turned my outside tap round which was pointing sideways.
He did put some new plastic waste under the new sink but I supplied the sink and taps. He said it was 1.5 days work but actually he attended on two days but not the whole day.
He charged me £275 including VAT. Was this a fair price or not??
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro : Hi . Yes thats a fair price . Most plumbers base their work on an hourly rate of anywhere between 35-70 pounds per hour , the higher rate normally for gas work . If you are happy with the workmanship then i think you recieved a fair deal
Customer:

he said he worked a total of 8 hours on this work. That seems a lot of hours for the work done to me.

Plumberpro : Not nescasarily . Plumbing always hits problems as no house is the same , the walls are different , ue plasterboard, brick . Valves to turn water off might be jammmed. Someone may be in the way, extra parts might have to be bought , as no plumber will have everything on his van , a five minute job can end up taking hours .
Customer:

ok thank you.

Plumberpro : Please dont forget to rate, thanks
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience