Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

hi i have a biasi m96 28sm/c2, hot water working ok, but when

hi i have a biasi m96 28sm/c2, hot water working ok, but when i put on the central heating it cuts out after a few minutes and doesn't turn on again
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . the pump might have seized. You may be able to get it going temporarily by opening the bleed screw and spinning the shaft with a cross head screwdriver. Water may squirt out , if it's a lot then you may have to take the pressure down a little by bleed it from ba rad

Customer:

i've tried that and hot water is working ok, but still cuts in central heating mode, does d27 mean anything, that was on the clock display when i tried it the first time

Plumberpro :

Ok , it could be the heating stat, but give me a couple of minutes to check the fault code, thanks

Plumberpro :

Ok , can't find that fault code in the manual , but it could be the diverter valve is not switching over to beating . are you able to check that heat is travelling down the heating pipoes before the boiler cuts out. The diverter valve could be stuck in hot water mode

Customer:

the outlet pipe from boiler gets warm before the boiler cuts out, but does not reach rads

Plumberpro :

Ok . the divereter is most klikely stuck on hot water and needs replacing . if you check the diverter valve when central heating on the pin should move out to the heating switch . the burner seems to be coming on for heating but can't get to the rads so is overheating

Customer:

i have just checked the diverter valve and that is ok, not stuck, i used a small screw driver to push the switch in and the heating came on but cut out again after a few seconds

Plumberpro :

Is the burner lighting , for a few seconds before shutting down?

Customer:

yes

Plumberpro :

Well then that leaves the thermistors, these can be tested on ohms with a multi Meter.

Customer:

thanks for all you help toby, i'll see if i can find someone local and hopefully reliable aswell, thanks again

Plumberpro :

Your welcome.

Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience